Search for atmospheres
Ambient Spring Nature
After Winter, Spring
ow that the winter's gone, the earth hath lost
Her snow-white robes, and now no more the frost
Candies the grass, or casts an icy cream
Upon the silver lake or crystal stream;
But the warm sun thaws the benumbed earth,
And makes it tender; gives a sacred birth
To the dead swallow; wakes in hollow tree
The drowsy cuckoo, and the humble-bee.
Now do a choir of chirping minstrels bring
In triumph to the world the youthful Spring.
The valleys, hills, and woods in rich array
Welcome the coming of the long'd-for May.
Now all things smile, only my love doth lour;
Nor hath the scalding noonday sun the power
To melt that marble ice, which still doth hold
Her heart congeal'd, and makes her pity cold.
The ox, which lately did for shelter fly
Into the stall, doth now securely lie
In open fields; and love no more is made
By the fireside, but in the cooler shade
Amyntas now doth with his Chloris sleep
Under a sycamore, and all things keep
Time with the season; only she doth carry
June in her eyes, in her heart January.
Comments for "After Winter, Spring"
License details for "After Winter, Spring"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Wind in the Grass by ciccarelli from http://www.freesound.org +)
- woodland ambience by ecfike on freesound.org +)
- Stream by Flame +)
- Nightingale Song by Inchadney of the Freesound Project +)
- 7-11-14 wind-chimes.mp3 by mcushman1969 from http://freesound.org +)
- garden chimes by monterey2000 from http://freesound.org +)
- forest birds by thearxx08 at freesound.org +)
- Clock tower chime by urupin from freesound.org +)