Search for atmospheres
Why, looking for new ferns, said Henry.
Hampden Forest, Vermont
And after we stood whispering in the underbrush—one last look at the body and a last look round, no dropped keys, lost glasses, everybody got everything?—and then started single file through the woods, I took one glance back through the saplings that leapt to close the path behind me. Though I remember the walk back and the first lonely flakes of snow that came drifting through the pines, remember piling gratefully into the car and starting down the road like a family on vacation, with Henry driving clench-jawed through the potholes and the rest of us leaning over the seats and talking like children, though I remember only too well the long terrible night that lay ahead and the long terrible days and nights that followed, I have only to glance over my shoulder for all those years to drop away and I see it behind me again, the ravine, rising all green and black through the saplings, a picture that will never leave me.
Comments for "Hampden Forest, Vermont"
License details for "Hampden Forest, Vermont"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Heavy Snowstorm by martypinso form http://www.freesound.org" +)
- Evening In the Forest by reinsamba from freesound.org +)
- Walking through forest by Reinsamba from http://freesound.org +)
- crickets by rucisko +)
- Small Group Whispering by speedy gonzo +)
- Distant Crow squeak by www.soundsnap.com *)
- Lark and crow by www.soundsnap.com *)
- Leaves rustling by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license