Search for atmospheres
not sure what this means
While astronauts have successfully grown plants and vegetables aboard the International Space Station, NASA scientists at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida are collaborating with a university team to develop long-term methods that could help sustain pioneers working in deep space.
Agency researchers believe while there are many challenges for human exploration beyond Earth, they are convinced there are solutions. According to Dr. Ray Wheeler, lead scientist in Kennedy Advanced Life Support Research, the Prototype Lunar/Mars Greenhouse project will support ongoing research in space to grow vegetables for food and cultivating plants to sustain life support systems.
"We're working with a team of scientists, engineers and small businesses at the University of Arizona to develop a closed-loop system," he said. "The approach uses plants to scrub carbon dioxide, while providing food and oxygen."
Comments for "Mars Greenhouse"
License details for "Mars Greenhouse"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Anesthesia Ventilator by audiomicro.com +)
- Server Room \ Computer Lab by BugInTheSYS from http://freesound.org +)
- Zen bell by kerri from http://freesound.org +)
- garden chimes by monterey2000 from http://freesound.org +)
- Electric fan by NoiseCollector from http://freesound.org +)
- Small Stream by www.soundsnap.com *)
- Japanese Garden by youtube.com +)
*) Soundsnap.com license