Search for atmospheres
Here be Moose
Mountain Forest Serenity
Excerpt from "The Moose" by Elizabeth Bishop
Now, it's all right now
even to fall asleep
just as on all those nights.
--Suddenly the bus driver
stops with a jolt,
turns off his lights.
A moose has come out of
the impenetrable wood
and stands there, looms, rather,
in the middle of the road.
It approaches; it sniffs at
the bus's hot hood.
high as a church,
homely as a house
(or, safe as houses).
A man's voice assures us
"Perfectly harmless. . . ."
Photo by Jay Cathcart from Pexels
Comments for "Mountain Forest Serenity"
License details for "Mountain Forest Serenity"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Winter Forest at Night by bajko on freesound.org +)
- Deer call by By Dobroide - www.freesound.org +)
- wood creaking by http://freesound.org +)
- Bird Song by InspectorJ +)
- Acorn Woodpecker Call by izzybel +)
- breeze in trees by nhgk178 +)
- Mountain stream by PJ Earl +)
- Canary Singing by ReadeOnly from http://freesound.org +)