Search for atmospheres
Working In the Forest Life
Oh, the charm of idle dreaming
Where the dappled shadows dance,
All the leafy aisles are teeming
With the lure of old romance!
Down into the forest dipping,
Deep and deeper as we go,
One might fancy dryads slipping
Where the white-stemmed birches grow.
Lurking gnome and freakish fairy
In the fern may peep and hide . . .
Sure their whispers low and airy
Ring us in on every side!
Saw you where the pines are rocking
Nymph's white shoulder as she ran?
Lo, that music faint and mocking,
Is it not a pipe of Pan?
Hear you that elusive laughter
Of the hidden waterfall?
Nay, a satyr speeding after
Far and farther as we wander
Sweeter shall our roaming be,
Come, for dim and winsome yonder
Lies the path to Arcady!
Comments for "Working In the Forest Life"
License details for "Working In the Forest Life"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Chopping Wood by dheming from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Slow log fire with some pops by Nicolle Melanson-Powell +)
- Evening in the Forest by Reinsamba from http://freesound.org +)
- Chopping wood by vikend_ratnik from http://freesound.org +)
- Leaves rustling by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license