Search for atmospheres
Lost in the Yucatan Jungle
Inspired by, and personally intended as reading ambience for: The Ruins, by Scott Smith.
Your journey began in Cancun, as a lazy vacation in Cozumel, before plentiful tequila and an unlikely sense of duty-- spurred on by new friendships and even more unlikely ennui-- led you away from the luxuries of simple tourism. Abrupt decisions in the midst of hangovers, a jump from a long bus ride to a rickety taxi, and the weighted haze of the midday sun; you now find yourself on foot, hiking down a rough dirt path that winds narrowly between the towering trees and spider-like vines, pacing ever further from civilization. Deeper and deeper, you trudge onward into that endless sea of green. This tropical jungle, the steaming heart of the Yucatan, readily swallows you whole. Your only choice is to decide: do you feel a sense of comfort in the thrum of heat and birdsong, humbled by the ancient flora surrounding you? Or does it fill you with suspense? A creeping sense of dread, trickling down your spine like so many beads of cold sweat in the rising humidity...
Comments for "Yucatan Jungle"
License details for "Yucatan Jungle"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- frog_concert_and_crickets by Glaneur de sons from http://freesound.org +)
- Jungle Ambience by Hollywood Edge Sound Effects +)
- Bird Chorus by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- Thailand jungle night by kyles +)
- Light rain by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Exotic Bird d by Soundbytez of the Freesound Project +)
- Gibbon by Soundbytez of the Freesound Project +)
- Leaves rustling by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license